Sunday, July 30, 2006

Dipping my Toe Into the Waters

I've been a blog addict for a year and a half now, and a mom for just under eight months. As a result of these two conditions, I often find myself wanting to get some thoughts off my chest. And as wonderful as she is, my daughter is just not the most brilliant conversationalist. So I decided, after much hemming and hawing, to start my own blog. In it, I suspect I'll talk mostly about the issues important to me at the moment -- child rearing and the politics of parenting, feminism, and some other stuff.

So here goes. First, a little about me. I'm about to be 31 (gasp!), have been married for seven years to a great man (who will henceforth be known as "the boy"), and am a stay-at-home-mom to an eight-month-old daughter (the Cheeto). In my previous life, I was a lawyer in Washington, DC, but last year the Boy and I fled to the relative calm of North Carolina, where we feel it will be easier and more fun to raise our kid. The "paranoid" portion of my blog title comes from my abject fear that someone from my life outside of the computer would ever be able to identify me on the web; thus this blog will contain as few identifying details as possible, and probably no pictures of the Cheeto, no matter how cute I think she is. In truth, I'm already having a heart attack over the personal information that I've already included in this post, so I may need to step away from the computer for a while.

But I'll be back.

No comments: