In the spirit of Thanksgiving (and since this will probably be the last time I have a chance to post before the holiday), I hereby present a list of things for which I am grateful this year:
1. The Boy. I know I rag on him sometimes, but the truth is he's my favorite person (over age 2, at least). Marrying him was one of the smartest things I've ever done. Next week, we'll have been together for 12 years, and I'm still not tired of his company.
2. My M. I was happy before I had her, which is why I continue to find it surprising how much joy she brings to our lives. She's funny and snuggly and silly and wonderful. I can't imagine my life without her, and I can't wait to see the person she becomes.
3. That the health scare that my MIL had this month hasn't turned out to be as bad as we'd feared. For a while, we were worried that she had a serious illness that could have taken her from us, and I was too scared even to blog about it. It turns out she's probably fine, and I've been offering thanks with every breath since yesterday.
4. That, as hard as this past year has been, we have the resources to keep trying to have another child. (which, yes, looks like it'll be necessary, since we're not pregnant this month).
5. That overall, we're healthy, happy and safe.
6. That the people who broke into my car last night didn't check my cd changer, where my absolute favorite CDs are kept. I hope they enjoy my collection of showtunes, Billy Joel, Charlotte Church and Indigo Girls CDs.
I hope you all have safe and happy Thanksgivings.