Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Boy Rocks

So, I took my first Antagon shot last night. I'd intended to be all brave and stick myself, and even managed to get the area prepped and the needle set. But then, I just couldn't do it. The Boy, god love him, saw me hesitate and knew exactly what was going on. He just calmly put out his hand for the needle, crouched down in front of me and gave me my shot (which, I should add, wasn't bad at all.)

It's amazing to think how far we've come, my boy and I. When we were 20 and in love and our biggest problem was finishing a paper on time and I first knew I was going to marry this boy, I never would have dreamed that one day, our love would mean he'd be figuring out how best to gently stick needles into my body. But through this whole hellish year, my Boy has done his darndest to be there for me, even when he's been hurting, too. I'm so glad to have him with me through all of this.

No comments: