Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry Christmas to All

I hope everyone had a great Christmas, and is enjoying this slowish week until the new year. At the risk of sounding smug, my Christmas was my best in recent memory. The Boy and were actually home (and not in a new-baby stupor) for the first time in our lives together. We did a tree, and stockings, and lights outside, and dinner with all of the trimmings. It was so much fun, and completely worth it for the "ooooh" the Cheeto let out as I carried her down the stairs Christmas morning and she got her first look at the tree.

Moreover, my boy gave me the best present ever. He took a bunch of his favorite photos of the Cheeto and assembled them into a collage frame for me. He also took one of my old photo collages, that I'd had since undergrad but which's frame had fallen and shattered a few months ago, and put them in a new frame for me. It was just such a thoughtful and sweet gift, and completely unexpected. I love that Boy.

Anyway, best wishes to all of you in the new year. Hope 2007 is as good as 2006 was!

No comments: