Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Bright Side

1. Tonight's probably my last PIO shot for a while (while I am dumb enough to prematurely peestick, I am not dumb enough to believe their verdicts so thoroughly as to stop taking my meds before I get the official ok to do so.) This is good, because last night's shot was a doozy. Tons of blood, a huge bruise, and my hip feels like someone took a croquet mallet to it.

2. I have three frozen embryos, so we don't have to resort to an immediate second fresh cycle. Plus, the fact that we'll be using those embryos will assuage some of The Boy's ethical qualms about IVF.

3. I responded well enough this past cycle that I can't imagine them not letting me try another fresh cycle, should that become necessary.

4. All things considered, a negative pregnancy test was not the worst possible outcome of this cycle. I know darn well that there are women going through worse, right at this very moment.

5. I have my M, and it would not be that great a tragedy if she ended up an only child (though the thought of her never having a sibling is one of the hardest things about infertility, for me).

5. By tomorrow evening, I plan to be swilling a great, big cocktail. And drinking coffee (but probably not both together).

1 comment:

K said...

If you need company for that cocktail, feel free to give a holler. But I am not uncrossing myself from this knot until the word is official either way. hang in there!