Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Cough Cough Hack Hack Shiver

I was all set to log on yesterday and write a post about how surprisingly normal(ish) this whole IVF thing is starting to feel. The shots, while not fun, last mere moments, and then the active part of the process is done for another day. I don't know why, but somehow I pictured the whole process being more engrossing.

Then I woke up yesterday with a cough. Nothing major, just a sign on an oncoming cold. Then, at precisely 11:12 am, I was whomped down by the flu (I know the exact time because I was with a friend and can literally remember suddenly needing to sit down). I spend the rest of the day shivering in my 75-degree house, letting M watch one episode of the Backyardigans after another as I tried to still my quaking body and go to sleep.

Luckily, I'm feeling better this morning. I think the fever has run it's course, so I just have a nasty cough and I'm weak and tired. I'm hoping that this won't have any effect on my cycle.

No comments: