Friday, March 13, 2009

Back on the diet bus

I knew it was too good to last. I've gone a little crazy since E was born (plus, I've been super-hungry), and so I've stopped losing weight and started gaining again. So, it's back to dieting for me. I think I'm going to go back to following (loosely) the GD diet, with some adjustments for the fact that I'm no longer pregnant (less fatty red meat; more fruits and veggies). Some aspects of the diet were quite difficult for me to adjust to at first (particularly the "wait at least two hours between meals/snacks instead of continuously stuffing your face all day" part), but I'm thinking they were also the wisest advice for someone like me.

I'm also taking things slow this time around. I have about 65 pounds to lose, and I'm giving myself at least three years to do it. In fact, my only goal for the rest of 2009 is to lose 14 pounds. I think (I hope?) it's possible that I can do that in the next 9 months.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

You can totally do it! It is so hard for me to change those habits, but once it starts, it feels so good, right? I hope your little E is very well... and thanks for stopping by and encouraging me! Hugs,
Carrie