Monday, March 23, 2009

Look Everyone, No Hands!

Ok, this two-kids thing isn't exactly hard, but it is intense. The girls seem to be staggering their needs so that I never have too much on my hands at once (with the exception of the fact that the second I start nursing E, 8 times out of 10, M will head straight for the bathroom, thus ensuring that I'll have to come clean her up rather than focusing on the baby). However, this also means that I have about 1 hour a day when I don't have one or the other of them demanding immediate attention. I've been using that hour for such frivolities as showering, cooking, cleaning and otherwise trying to pretend I still have a grip on my household responsibilities. So, not much posting here, at least until I figure this out a little bit better.

2 comments:

The Girl Next Door said...

You will continue to rock hard as a mom. And we'll wait until you get a moment to let us all know how it's going!

Rachel said...

I just wanted to say thanks for your comment. We are trying to have my husband comfort the fusspot during the night, although so far it has not been too successful (she is usually in bed with us by about 3 am). Your comment did make me laugh though - I'm hardly holding my breath for 'sleeping through the night.' All I really want is a 4-hour block. At least once a night.

I hope you'll post sometime about breastfeeding M until 18 months. At the moment I have no plans to stop breastfeeding, but I'm interested in what your experience was with breastfeeding past a year.